This sweet pancake is traditionally served during Holi and unlike Rajasthani ‘Malpuas’ which are prepared using Rabri, ‘Puas’ from Bihar are made using Khoya. Try one and you will love them all.Read More
- For Pua: 20 gm jaggery
- 1 ripe banana
- 100 ml milk
- ¼ tsp black cardamom powder
- 50 gm khoya
- 2 tbsp refind flour
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp semolina
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 tbsp pistachios
- oil for frying
- Procedure to make Pua: In a heated pan add jaggery, water and let it melt.
- In a bowl add ripe banana mash, milk and mix it.
- Add green cardamom powder, khoya and crush it.
- Add refined flour, fennel seeds and mix it.
- Add semolina, baking powder, milk and make a batter.
- Add jaggery syrup in the batter and mix it well.
- In the grindstone, grind almonds & pistachios.
- Add the crushed almonds & pistachios in the batter and mix it well.
- In a heated pan add oil and fry the pua until it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- To garnish add crushed jaggery, powdered sugar and Pua is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.