Prawn Saganaki By Ranveer Brar
For all seafood lovers, here is a dish from Greek cuisine. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for Prawn Saganaki, a traditional Greek shrimp dish. This dish of prawns sauteed in tomato sauce and baked with feta cheese is a culinary wonder.Read More
- 250 gm fresh large prawns with tails (cleaned and deveined)
- 1 onion (small)
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic (finely chopped)
- 4 long chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tsp tomato juice
- 40 ml ouzo (fennel flavoured aperitif)
- 1 lemon
- 100 gm feta cheese
- to taste salt
- to taste crushed pepper
- For garnish
- chopped dill leaves
- lemon wedge
- In a heated pan, add oil, garlic and saute.
- Add chopped onions and let it cook.
- Add chopped chillies and saute.
- To the prawns, add salt as per taste, crushed black pepper and mix it.
- Add the prawns in the pan and mix it.
- Add tomato juice. Add ouzo and let it reduce.
- Add lemon juice, feta cheese and bake it in the oven at 180'C for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Garnish with dill leaves and serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.