Potato-Pumpkin Soup By Sayoni Bhaduri
An easy to make soup with the most unlikely ingredients.Read More
- 1 bowl chopped pumpkin
- 1 bowl chopped potatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 1.5 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken/veg broth or water
- Salt as per taste
- In a pan, add butter olive oil, chilli flakes and garlic. On low heat let everything fry till garlic is aromatic.
- Add chopped onion with a little salt and saute till translucent.
- Add the potatoes, stir so that it's covered in oil. Cover the pan and let the potatoes cooked.
- 5 minutes later, add the pumpkin, black pepper, oregano and salt. Saute well and cover the pan with a lid till veggies and pumpkin are almost cooked.
- Now add the broth or water. Cook till the veggies are done.
- Turn the heat off.
- In a blender, blitz the veggies and broth mix till smooth. Do this in batches and be careful that the liquid is not extremely hot.
- Put the blitzed puree back into the pan. Taste of seasoning and add more of needed.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Add more water if it's too thick (or as per your preferred consistency).
- Pour out in soup bowl. Serve with a dollop of cream and/or crushed fried bacon.