Potato Curry Puff By Ajay Chopra
Potato Curry Puff
A potato savoury cooked with a spice mix which the British called curry powder.Read More
- For potato curry
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 to 3 chopped garlic
- 2 potatoes
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- For puff
- 250 gm refined flour
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ghee
- water as needed
- Butter as required
- For brushing liquid
- 1 egg and butter
- In hot oil add chopped onion.
- Garlic cloves.
- boiled and diced potatoes and saute.
- Add chilli flakes.
- Curry powder.
- desicated coconut.
- Salt and water to moisten the potatoes.
- Knead refined flour, salt, Ghee and water to a soft dough rest it for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll the dough spread butter on the flat surface and make a book fold of the dough and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Repeat procedure 4 times.
- Dust the dough on all sides and roll into square shape.
- Mix egg and melted butter.
- Brush the mix on the edges of square sheet.
- Add potato filling in the centre close the edge by folding it like a rectangle.
- Seal the edges using fork.
- Brush egg butter mix on the puff.
- Bake at 180'C for 18-20 minutes.
- Potato Curry Puff ready to eat.
Explore our Popular Stories.