Pork Vindaloo By LF Team
Traditional Goan recipe of intensely flavoured Goan Pork. This recipe dates back to the Portuguese era. It tastes amazing with pav or roti or steamed rice and is a treat for pork lovers.Read More
- 8 - 10 Kashmiri Red Chillies
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin seed
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 14 black peppercorns
- 11 cloves
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 - 3 garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 cup palm vinegar
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 225 gm Pork shoulder
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Water as required
- Grind Kashmiri red chillies, roasted cumin seeds, turmeric powder, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns, cloves and sugar in a mixer jar.
- Add garlic cloves, ginger and palm vinegar to the jar and grind again. Transfer the paste to a bowl.
- In the same grinding jar, grind chopped onions and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add pork shoulders, salt and the prepared masala paste.
- Marinate the pork and allow it to rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Add the blended paste, black peppercorns, cinnamon stick and cloves and saute.
- Add the blended masala paste and the marinated pork into the pan and saute again.
- Add water and mix well. Cook until pork is done.
- Pork Vindaloo is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.