Polka Pie By Gautam Mehrishi
This light, fruity, polka pie sprinkled with flour dust and castor sugar has been made using lime, ginger, icing sugar and strawberries without it which it's incomplete.Read More
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- sea salt
- crushed white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 castor sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 to 20 strawberries
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- For making Polka Pie, take all purpose flour in a bowl, sea salt, white pepper powder, unsalted butter, castor sugar, olive oil and water and knead the dough.
- Slice strawberries, add grate lemon zest castor sugar, icing sugar, lemon juice, chopped ginger and mix well and sprinkle all purpose flour on dough and roll out the dough.
- In mould spray olive oil and dust all purpose flour cut dough sheet in rectangular shape and roll out again.
- Place the dough sheet inside moulds and add strawberries mixture and sprinkle castor sugar and on another dough sheet make a polka dots with nozzle.
- Cook pie for 25 min in steaming pit.
- Garnish it with strawberry, lime slice and icing sugar.
Explore our Popular Stories.