Polenta Upma Mushrooms By Ranveer Brar
Polenta Upma Mushrooms
Indian Upma Italian style served with delicious mushrooms.Read More
- For upma
- 8 - 10 shallots (sambar onions)
- 1tbsp ginger
- 1tsp green chillies
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 - 6 curry leaves
- black pepper
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 coconut milk
- For toppings
- 1 tsp oil
- 5 - 6 shallots
- 4 - 5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 cup button mushroom
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add 1 tbsp chopped ginger.
- Add 8-10 sliced onion shallots, 1 tsp chopped green chillies, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp mustard seeds and sauté well.
- Add 5-6 chopped curry leaves, salt, black pepper and sauté again.
- Add 1 cup polenta and mix well. Add 1 cup vegetable stock, 1½ cup coconut milk and mix well.
- Season it with salt and pepper and mix well.
- In another pan, add 1 tbsp oil, 5-6 onion shallots, 4-5 curry leaves, 1 tsp chopped ginger and mix well.
- Add 1 cup sliced button mushrooms, ¼ cup dried oyster mushrooms that have been soaked in water for 2 hours.
- Season it with salt and sauté the mixture.
- Add 1 tbsp chopped coriander, 2 tbsp butter and sauté again.
- On a serving plate, serve the polenta upma and top it up with the mushrooms. Garnish it with fried papads, coriander sprig, shredded bell pepper. Polenta Upma Mushrooms is ready.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.