POHA POTATO FRIES By vidit mehta
POHA POTATO FRIES
Fries Made from POHA & POTATO A Twist to Regular Potato French FriesRead More
- 3 Medium Sized Boiled and Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Cup Poha (Flaten Rice)
- 1 Small Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Green Chilies Finely Chopped
- 2 Table Spoon Chopped Coriander
- 1 Tea Spoon Jeera (Optional )
- 1 Tea Spoon Ajwain (Optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Mash the Boiled Potatoes and keep aside.
- Take one cup Poha and grind it to a powder in a Grinder.
- Take the onion and finely chop it.
- Finely chop the green chilies.
- Now Mix Poha Powder, Mashed Potatoes, Chilies, Coriander, jeera, ajwain, salt as per taste and make a dougDO NOT ADD WATEIt will be a nice smooth dough.
- Now take a small portion of the dough and roll it into a finger size frieThe said should be 4 inch long approx and medium thinRepeat make such fries from rest of the dough.
- In a pan heat oil for fryinonce the oil is hot put the fries in the oil and fry till golden brown in color . Remove on a kitchen tissue for soaking excess oil if any,.
- Serve the Fries with Scheshzwan Sauce, Mayonnaise Dip , or Tomato Sauce or Green ChutneYou can have it with Tea also.
- Note : If excess you can half fry the fries and store in freezer and remove and fry directly when need to iThe fries can stay good in freezer for 2-3 months.