Plain Dosa with Peanut Chutney & Onion Chutney
We make Dosa with rice and skinless black gram dal but this recipe is special because it is made up of 5 ingredients including rice and skinless black gram dal. For chutnies, I use onions & peanuts as main ingredients.Read More
- 2 Cup Rice
- 1 Cup Skinless Black Gram
- 1 tsp Methi Dana (Fenugreek)
- 2 tbsp Poha
- 2 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1 Cup Peanut
- Dry Red Chilly - 6
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 medium sized Onions
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin (Jeera)
- 10 to 15 Curry Leaves
- Peanut Chutney: Add 1 tbsp oil into a pan, add peanuts and roast it with low flame (Skin off the peanuts if you don't want cholesterol).
- Add roasted peanuts, 1 tsp lemon juice and salt to taste in a grind jar & grind the mixture (Add water as needed for thickening). Peanut Chutney is now ready.
- Onion Chutney: Add 1 tbsp oil into a pan, add 1 tsp jeera into it & fry with low flamAdd curry leaves, sliced onioFry the onions until onions gain light brown color.
- Add chopped tomatoes into the pan and saute tomatoes & onions for 3 minutLet it cool down & then add salt to tastPour into a grind jar & grind it (Add water as needed for thickening). Onion Chutney is ready.
- Dosa: Soak skinless black gram, rice, poha, methi dana & chana dal for 3 to 4 hours separatelGrind rice & chana dal, black gram & methi and poha (add water as needed while grinding). Leave them over night.
- Add the batters, salt in a bowMix it properly (add water if needed).
- Note: Do not make the batter very thin or thick.
- Heat a tawa with high flamSprinkle oil, then water to maintain the proper temperature of tawUse a ladle to pour the batter, to spread it use a small flat base bowSprinkle oil over it, use a spatula to fliWait it to become golden brown (if you want more crispy Dosa, leave it for some extra time).
- Your Dosa with Peanut Chutney & Onion Chutney is ready to serve.