PITTHA By Mansi Barnwal
This dish is a traditional bihari dish.Read More
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8th teaspoon of salt
- Oil to grease
- Chana dal 100gm
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Red chilli to taste
- Haldi 1/4th teaspoon
- Dhaniya patta
- Add salt to water and bring it to boil.
- Once Boling starts add rice flour.
- Mix with help of wooden spatula.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let it sit for 10mins.
- Apply oil to hand and make dough.
- Break the dough into lemon sized balls.
- FILLING- soak the channa dal (6-8hrs).
- In a blender take the soaked dal and make a course paste by adding little to no water.
- Add chopped garlic, chillies, dhaniya patta,haldi and salYour filling is ready.
- Take rice flour dough and form a katori.
- Fill the filling inside the katori and make make moon shape with out fully covering it.
- Similarly make all the pitthas.
- Now,heat water in a steamer,place the pitthas in the steamer.
- After 8-10mins check with knife if dal is cooked.
- Your PITTHA is ready to eat, enjoy with green chutney or brinjal bharta.