Pitha By Pankaj Bhadouria
Pitha is traditional dish from Jharkhand. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for these yummy dumplings made from rice flour. The pithas are stuffed with spicy urad dal stuffing .Read More
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pink salt as per taste
- 2 cup of rice flour
- 1 cup black lentil
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chopped green chilli
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- In a pan, add water, olive oil, pink salt as per taste and let it boil. Add rice flour and mix it well. Leave the dough to rest.
- Grind the black lentil and prepare a paste. Add the paste in a bowl. Add pink salt as per taste, a pinch of asafoetida, red chilli powder, chopped green chilli.
- Add chopped garlic, cumin seeds and mix it well. Add water in a steamer and let it heat. Grease the palm with oil and knead the dough.
- Grease the palm again with oil. Make small balls of the dough and flatten it. Stuff the dough with filling and seal it.
- Add it in the steamer and cook for 15 - 20 minutes. Let it cool down when cooked. Cut it into pieces.
- In a heated pan, add desi ghee, mustard seeds, dry red chillies. Add the pitha, pink salt as per taste and toss it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with chutney.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.