Phalse ka Shorba By Gautam Mehrishi
Phalse ka Shorba
Grewia Asiatica berries or Phalse are consumed in summers to beat the heat. Chef Gautam Mehrishi shares the a yummy shorba recipe using these berries that will surely uplift your spirits. Try this recipe at home and impress your family.Read More
- 500 gm grewia asiatica
- 1 tsp salt
- For stock
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 drop olive oil
- 1/2 red chilli
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- water as required
- 1 tbsp sugar
- basil leaves
- celery leaves
- For garnish
- black pepper powder
- Wash Grewia Asiatica nicely in water.
- In a hot pot, add Grewia asiatica, salt and mix it well.
- To prepare stock, add turmeric powder, mustard oil, cumin seeds, ginger powder and mix it well.
- Let the berries soften in the pot and add water as required.
- Keep mixing on high flame and let it cook for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Drain out the water and mash the berries.
- Add the berry pulp to the drained out juice and crush it again in the bowl.
- Strain it again and mash a little more.
- In another hot pot, add olive oil, red chilli, cumin seeds, asafoetida, crushed black pepper and roast it well.
- For presentation, add boil berries in glasses.
- Add pinch of sugar, mustard oil, shorba mixture.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder and serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.