Pepper Garlic Chicken in Creamy Thyme Sauce By Shrddha Shetty
Pepper Garlic Chicken in Creamy Thyme Sauce
Indo Italian Twist to a chicken starter; this recipe is wholesome in itself however it can be accompanied with exotic garlic breadRead More
- Chicken Drumsticks 2
- Salted Butter 2 tsp
- Garlic Cloves (crushed) 4 big
- Garlic finely chopped 1 tsp
- Green Chilli (half slit) 2
- Fresh Thyme 2-3 twigs
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Olive oil 2 tsp (can be replaced by Sunflower oil)
- Fresh cream 2 tbsp OR milk 4 tbsp
- Processed Cheese 1tbsp
- Italian dried herbs powder mix (oregano, chilli flakes, thyme) 1 tsp
- Cherry Tomatoes (Orange and Red)
- Whole Spinach Leaves 2
- Preparation Time: 1 hour Cooking Time: 15mins.
- Step 1: After cleaning the chicken Drumsticks, take it in a small bowl and massage it well for 2-3 mins with lots of love after adding 1 tsp butter, crushed garlic, black pepper powder, green chill and fresh thyme into it.
- (Note: make small slits in chicken for the free flowing and interchange of natural fluids of chicken and other ingredients we added).
- Step 2: Store this marinated chicken in the fridge for 45 mins for the real juicy magic to happen.
- Step 3: During this time when the chicken is enjoying the cool temperatures, you can move on to other tasks:.
- i) quickly crisp fry your spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes in a shallow non stick frying pan on medium flame with only 1 tsp olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper powder for 1 min each side.
- ii) Keep this fried spinach and cherry tomatoes aside on your final plate for garnishing later and use the same pan later for cooking chicken.
- Step 4: After 45 mins of refrigerated marination of chicken, get it out of the fridge and start the following process: Heat the previously used nonstick frying pan; pour 1 tsp olive oil and then shallow fry the marinated chicken on low flame for 6 mins on each bigger sides and 2 mins on each leaner sides.
- (Note: here pour everything from the marinated bowl into this pan; including the thyme which was used in marinating mixture).
- Step 5: only after you are done with frying chicken, Prepare the last part which is creamy sauce; for this take another small pan, on low flame put 1 tsp butter, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic, cream/milk, grated processed cheese and Italian herbs mix.
- Mix well and heat it for 1 or 1 n half mins(max) till raw smell of garlic is gone and everything is smooth consistently (note don’t overcook this sauce and it will thicken badly and won’t serve the purpose of adding fluidity to this final dish).
- Step 6: last but most interesting step; Start plating the dish, firstly fully spread the 2 whole fried spinach leaves, over that place the chicken Drumsticks and then drizzle the creamy sauce over and above the chicken and also across the plate; garnish with the flavour induced thyme and cherry tomatoes for final touch.
- Special Note: Star ingredient of this dish is Fresh Thyme and crispy Spinach (so don’t replace it) 😊 All notes related to this dish is included in the preparation section; however just to add a healthy twist; this same recipe can be used to prepare this dish using an air fryer and not using butter at all; and as an alternate healthy ingredient for the creamy sauce you can just use (milk plus almond paste in 1-1 proportion) instead of (butter, cream and cheese) and keeping rest of the ingredients and methods same 😊.