Peendi By Ajay Chopra
Peendi is a simple sweet that is prepared during Shia weddings in Uttar Pradesh. Made with some essential ingredients, Peendi is known by different names in different parts of Uttar Pradesh. Try this recipe at home and impress your family.Read More
- 1 cup mung dal (powdered)
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dry fruits (almonds & cashew nuts)
- For garnish
- chopped pistachios
- Make a powder of mung dal and strain it in a bowl.
- In a heated pan, add the mung dal powder and keep stirring it until it turns brown.
- Add ghee and keep stirring until it turns light brownish.
- Switch off the gas stove.
- Add powdered sugar and mix it.
- Add dry fruits and mix it well.
- Make small balls of the mixture.
- Garnish the Peendi with chopped pistachios and serve it.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.