Patoli By Ranveer Brar
Patoli is a traditional delicacy from the Konkan region on Maharashtra. This dish is made using locally grown ingredients like coconut, jaggery, rice and turmeric leaves.Read More
- 1/2 cup grated white coconut
- 1/2 cup grated jaggery
- flatened rice or poha
- rice batter
- 3-4 turmeric leaves
- To make pathauli, roast grated coconut and jaggery powder in a hot pan on low heat.
- Add poha and let the mixture cook for a while.
- Soak rice for 3 to 4 hours and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Cut the turmeric leaves into halves and apply ghee on the leaves.
- Spread the rice paste on the leaf and place the coconut and jaggery mixture on it.
- Fold the leaves and steam them in the steamer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the patoli from the leaves and serve it with ghee.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.