Patiala Shahi Machhli
Patiala Shahi Macchli is made using lime juice, bay leaves, apricot paste, red chilli powder which has been diluted in water, cinnamon powder and garam masala powder. Sit back and enjoy the recipe.Read More
- fish pieces
- 2 lemon
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp green chillies
- 2-3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp black cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ cup curd
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp apricot paste
- 10 gm pistachio
- 10 gm cashewnuts
- For pulav
- basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 brown cardamom
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Procedure to make Patiala Shahi Machhli: In a heated pan add ghee.
- In the bowl to marinate fish, add lemon juice, ginger - garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder.
- Add chopped onions in the ghee and stir it.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic, green chilli and stir it well.
- Add bay leaves, turmeric powder, the mixture of water and red chilli powder and mix it well.
- Add black pepper powder, black cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, all ground spice and mix it well.
- Switch off the gas, add curd and mix it slowly.
- Add chopped tomatoes and let it cook.
- To prepare pulao to add basmati rice in a bowl, water and let it soak.
- In a heated pan add ghee, cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, black cardamom, green cardamom and stir it.
- Add ginger - garlic paste and mix it well.
- Add all ground spice, salt, stir the mixture well and add rice to it.
- When the gravy is cooked add water, marinated fish in the gravy and let it cook.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook.
- Add apricot paste in the gravy.
- Garnish the pulao with pistachios, cashews, fried brown onions.
- To garnish gravy add green chilli, fresh coriander leaves and Patiala Shahi Macchli is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.