Pathrado By Smitha Pai
This is a very old recipe and a favorite side dish of many konkani families over the years. The soft texture of the dish eaten with coconut oil drizzled on top tastes Heavenly.Read More
- 200 gm green grams
- 1 medium sized coconut
- 30 medium sized colcassia leaf
- 22 red chillies
- Lime sized tamarind
- 1 teaspoon of hing powder
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- Coconut oil
- Soak green gram overnight.
- Roast the red chillies In little coconut oil.
- Grate the coconut.
- Grind the grated coconut, red chillies, tamarind, hing and green gram to a coarse paste. Add salt to it.
- Keep big colcassia leaf and spread the mixture with your hands on the leaf.
- Place a comparatively smaller leaf on top of the first leaf and repeat the procedure.
- Similarly make layers of 5 to 6 leaves and fold the layers on both sides and roll it from bottom to top.
- Make similar rolls with the remaining leaves.
- Place the rolls in a steamer and steam it for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut the rolls into thick slices and drizzle with coconut oil on top while serving.