Pathare Prabu Doodhi Karanji By Ranveer Brar
Pathare Prabu Doodhi Karanji
Pathare Prabhu Doodhi Karanji (Gujiya) is a traditional dish from the Pathare Prabhu community of Maharashtra. In this recipe, grated bottle gourd is cooked in milk and then this mixture stuffed in a dough. This baked dessert is crispy, flaky and amazingly delectable.Read More
- Ingredients to Prepare Pathare Prabu Doodhi Karanji:
- 1 cup milk
- ½ kg grated bottle gourd
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 150 gm grated mava
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup vanaspati (Vegetable Oil)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp desi ghee
- ½ cup milk
- All-purpose flour as required
- In a pan, boil together the milk and grated bottle gourd.
- Add ghee, sugar, grated mava, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and ghee to it and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove it in a bowl to cool.
- Combine vegetable oil and corn starch to make small balls.
- Put these balls in water.
- Combine all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, ghee and milk and make a dough.
- On this dough, spread the balls made with vegetable oil and corn starch, roll it and refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes.
- Now roll this dough, fill the bottle gourd mixture and bake in an oven at 170°C for 15 minutes.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.