Patande By Ranveer Brar
Chef Ranveer Brar shares the recipe for a pancake-like dish from Himachal Pradesh called Patande. It is made with wheat flour and apples and has the sweetness and goodness of jaggery in it. This Indian pancake is soft, fluffy and mindbogglingly delicious.Read More
- 2 apples
- 3 tbsp sugar
- water as required
- salt to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 cup wheat flour
- baking soda
- 1 tsp jaggery syrup
- 1 tsp clarified butter
- jaggery powder
- mint leaves
- Peal the apples and cut them into pieces.
- Take a pan, add apples, sugar and water and a pinch of salt together with a cinnamon stick.
- Let this boil till apples get cooked to a good consistency.
- In another pan take jaggery, add enough water and make syrup.
- Take a bowl, add wheat flour with a little baking soda and add jaggery syrup to make a batter.
- Take a flat griddle, grease it with clarified butter and pour one ladle full of batter and keep the flame low to prepare a pan cake.
- Flip the pan cake and cook the other side as well.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve the pancakes with cooked apple pieces.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.