Pastel de tres leches: Sponge milk cake By kiran kadave
Pastel de tres leches: Sponge milk cake
"Pastel de tres leches is a Spanish dish which literally translates to "Cake of three milks". It's a very scrumptious dessert containing three forms of milk : thick milk, condensed milk and heavy cream. A perfect appetite for diabetic people as it contains very little sugar. And it is super spongy.Read More
- 3 tablespoon Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon curd and oil
- 1 small cup milk (preferably thick)
- 1 cup all purpose flour/ maida
- Pinch of baking powder and baking soda
- 1 small cup of heavy cream for garnishing
- Into a mixing bowl, add 3 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk( add more if you prefer sweet), 2 tablespoon curd and 2 tablespoon oil. Mix them really well.
- To this mixture, add 1 cup maida/ all purpose flour, 2 pinches of baking powder and a pinch of baking soda. Keep stirring and add milk simultaneously. Mix until batter consistency is attained.
- Take a baking container or a small vessel, grease it with ghee and dust the surface with little maida.(So that cake comes out easily).
- Pour the batter into the greased container. And bake it in oven at 200 degree Celsius for 25- 30 minutes. If baking in kadhai/Wok ,bake for 35-40 minutes at medium flame.
- After baking, let the cake cool till it leaves side. Remove it once it cools completely.
- Poke the cake with fork to make small holes. Pour heavy cream on it to garnish. Add favorite topping and enjoy.