Pasteis By Ranveer Brar
Brazilian street food is heavily influenced by African cuisine. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe of one such popular Brazilian street food called Pasties. This deep-fried snack stuffed with a savoury filling is crispy, flavourful and lip-smacking.Read More
- For pasteis dough
- 1 cup refined flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vodka
- 2 tsp vinegar
- For mixture
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 tbsp palm oil
- 200 gm cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- In a bowl, add refined flour, butter and mix it.
- Add vodka, vinegar and prepare a dough.
- Add water and knead it.
- In a heated pan, add oil, finely chopped onion and cook it until it turns light brown. Add grated paneer and let it turn brown.
- Add tomato paste, oregano, chilli powder and mix it well.
- Add chopped spring onion and turn the gas off.
- Add cream cheese and mix. Make the small balls of the dough.
- Roll it out, stuff it with the filling and using the water seal it from the sides .
- Press the sides using a fork.
- Deep fry it in the oil until it turns crispy and golden.
- Garnish with microgreens, chilli powder and tomato waffers.
- Serve with salsa.
Explore our Popular Stories.