Parsley Spiced Bafla Bati By Tanaya P
Parsley Spiced Bafla Bati
Bafla Bati is Rajasthan Cuisine which is first steamed and then baked. Parsley is herb used in continental food , so made this fusion with continental herbs with Indian spice and flavors rich cuisine.Read More
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 Cup Parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Carom Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 4-5 Cups Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Wash Parsley leaves and chopped finely. keep it on dry cloth.
- In a bowl take wheat flour , Gram flour (Besaand Baking Soda on the siever . Sieve both flours together in a bowl.
- In a bowl add cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, turmeric, chili powder , carom seeds in the flour. Mix all together , so that flour mixed well with all spices.
- In the flour mixture, add chopped parsley leaves and mix well with the flour. Now add oil and mix again to rub all flour with oil.
- Add required water and knead the dough of the parsley spiced flour. knead the dough till it is soft , and keep it aside covered with wet cloth for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, knead the dough again. Make small balls of the dough and flatten them by using palms slightly . Take one plate apply some oil on the plate surface.
- In a big vessel or steam cooker, boil the water. Once water is hot enough place a plate inside the cooker or vessel. Keep these Bati on the plate. Cover the cooker or vessel. Let it steam for 20 -25 minutes.
- Once the Bati steamed for 20 -25 minutes , remove them from the steam . Let them cool down for 5 minutes. Preheat Oven for 180 degree.
- Apply some oil on the Bati and place these Bati for baking in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Once Bati turned golden brown , remove from the oven. Serve these spiced Bati with Ghee or some tangy chutney. As these Bati are spiced, no need of Dal or Curry.