Paneer Cheese Balls
Extra creamy, extra cheesy and extra flavorful – these Crispy Cheese Jalapeno Bacon Bites (Fried Cheese Balls) are PERFECT for game day snacking and entertaining! Quick and easy, and can be frozen for later too. Gluten free options also included.Read More
- 3 medium Potatoes, boiled (250 gm100 gms Mozzarella Cheese or Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Capsicum, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Pizza Seasonings (or dried Italian herbs)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Garlic(or paste), optional
- 2 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- For Coating
- 2 tablespoons Maida (all purpose flou2 tablespoons Cornstarch (cornflou1/4 cup Water (or as needed)
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- Oil, for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes until sofDon’t boil them until soggy or mushy else the mixture will turn sticky in step-Peel them and add to a large bowEither mash them or grate them using a grater.
- Add 3 tablespoons finely chopped capsicum, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes, 1/2 teaspoon pizza seasonings (or dried Italian herband 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic(or garlic paste), 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, and salt (add only if not added while boiling the potatoes).
- Mix welCheck the mixture for salt and add more if require.
- Take 2 tablespoons cornstarch (white corn flouand 2 tablespoons maida (all purpose flouin a small bowAdd water(appro1/4 culittle by little and mix well to make a medium thick paste.
- Cut the cheese into 10 small cubes (appro1/2 inch thick and 1 inch wide). Divide the mixture into 10 equal portionTake one portion and give it a shape like a ball.
- Press it between your palms to flatten iPlace a small cube of cheese in the center.
- Wrap it from all the sides and give a shape of a ball agaiMake sure that the cheese cube is covered well from all the sideTake 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs in a platTake each ball and roll it in breadcrumb.
- Set all the breadcrumbs coated balls aside in a plate.Now, take one ball and dip into cornflour-maida paste.
- Remove the ball from the paste and roll it in bread crumbs.Do the same process for all the ball(You can store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer, they stay good up to 1 month.).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan for deep frying over medium flam.