Paaplet cha Bhujna [Pathare Prabhu Style Pomfret curry]
Paaplet cha Bhujna, is one of the best kept secrets of the Pathare Prabhu community who are known to be the oldest inhabitants of Mumbai.This quick pomfret curry takes maximum of 15 total minutes of preparing this recipe and it is best served with steamed rice, chapati or bhakri.Read More
- Pomfret roughly 10-12 pieces medium size cut
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Onion finely chopped 1 Cup or 1 big onion
- Green Chillies finely chopped 1 tsp or 2-3 chillies
- Coriander Leaves finely chopped 1 cup or handful
- Turmeric 1.5 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 2 tbsp [alter this as per your preference]
- Garlic crushed 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water 2 Cups
- Step 1: Mix all the ingredients[onion,coriander leaves, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, garlic, Oil] together in a deep pan or Kadhai and crush all the ingredients using your fingers in an attempt to release juices from onion.
- Keep this Kadhai aside for 5 mins; till then marinate cleaned and washed pomfret pieces with some salt and turmeric for 5-10 mins in another vessel and keep that too aside.
- Note: Caution: While mixing the ingredients using your fingers; you may wish to use gloves if allergic to heat of red chill powder.
- Step 2: Place this kadhai over medium heat flame and fry the mixture; after heating for 3-4 minutes add marinated pomfrets over this mixture and add water; heat this curry for another 5 mins till the pomfrets are cooked properly; and switch off the gas.
- Garnish the curry with coriander and serve it with steamed rice, bhakri or chapatis.
- Note: Veg version of the same can be prepared by replacing pomfrets with big cut pieces of potatoes or brinjals.
- Paaplet cha bhujna Pomfret curry is ready in just 10-15 mins; hence you can plan to prepare this recipe just 15 mins in prior to sitting for the meal and enjoy the freshly prepared curry on the go!.