Orange Upside Down Cake By Rakhee Vaswani
Orange Upside Down Cake
A beautiful cake that will satisfy your craving for a sweet citrusy dessert.Read More
- castor sugar as required
- 150 ml water
- vanilla pods
- sliced oranges
- 150 gm butter
- 150 gm castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 gm refined flour
- 50 gm almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- To make the orange syrup, caramelise orange slices in a castor sugar, water and vanilla pod mixture.
- Cream the butter and sugar and add 3 eggs and mix again.
- Add refined flour, almond flour and baking powder to the butter mixture and mix until the dry ingredients get incorporated. Add vanilla essence and mix again.
- In the baking tin, place the caramelised orange slices, vanilla pods and top it with the cake batter.
- Bake the cake in a pre-heated oven at 160 C for 25-30 minutes.
- Unmould the cake and serve it upside down.
Explore our Popular Stories.