Chef Ranveer Brar combines orange juice and coffee, both among top produces of Brazil, in this unique recipe of Orange Coffee Cake. This cake is moist and soft and has a citrusy flavour. Topped with chocolate coffee ganache, it gives an amazingly refreshing taste.Read More
- For batter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup juice of boiled orange
- ½ cup extra light olive oil
- 2 tbsp black coffee liquid
- 2 tsp butter
- For orange syrup
- 150 ml orange juice
- 1 whole orange peels( sliced)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- For garnishes
- orange peels
- orange segments
- icing sugar
- few mint sprigs
- In a bowl, add eggs and beat it. In another bowl, add refined flour, baking powder, sugar and mix it well.
- Add boiled orange juice, olive oil and mix it well.
- Add the egg mixture and mix it well.
- Take off the small amount of batter in a different bowl.
- Add black coffee liquid and mix it well. Pour the coffee batter in the mould. Layer it with orange batter.
- Bake it in the oven at 175'C for 35 - 40 minutes.
- In a heated pan, add orange juice, orange peels, granulated sugar and let it cook.
- Pour the orange mixture on the cake and demould it.
- Pour more orange mixture.
- Garnish with orange peels, chocolate coffee ganache, orange wedges, mint leaves, icing sugar and serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.