Nutritious Carrot cake By Saba Firdose
Nutritious Carrot cake
I took more than 5 attempts to bake a perfect vanilla/ chocolate cake but this was my first ever perfect cake with the moist feeling and delicious in first attempt. This is so easy to make with full of flavors topped with easy homemade cream cheese frosting.Read More
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of nutmeg powder
- 2 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh whipped cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tsp sugar coated silver balls
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, slightly whip eggs add grated carrot, 1 cup sugar, oil and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- add dry ingredients to wet ingredients (1st add half quantity of dry ingredients, mix slowly and then add remaining dry ingredients).
- Preheat oven at 350 degree, grease baking pan. pour cake batter in pan and spread evenly. bake for 20-25 minutes .
- check with knife if its perfectly baked (knife must come out dry). once done, remove from oven and allow it to cool .
- To prepare frosting, whip fresh cream (placing bowl on ice cubeadd cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar powder and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and whip well. take a small portion of cream in bowl and add saffron color to it.
- cut cake in two layers, apply cream in middle and place the top layer. cover the cake evenly with prepared frosting and decorate with orange colored cream and sugar coated silver balls.