Craving some sweet pastry puffs? Worry not, Maria Goretti demonstrates how to bake the delectable and tender Turkish pastry puff, Nokul in this episode. Also, this recipe is really easy to make.Read More
- For dough
- 350 gm all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 120 ml milk
- 10 gm activated yeast
- For filling
- 100 gm sesame seed paste
- 60 gm crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 2 tbsp oilve oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- For garnish
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- Procedure to make Nokul: In a bowl add refined flour, castor sugar and olive oil.
- Add milk, activated yeast and prepare a dough.
- In a bowl add olive oil and leave the dough to prove with a covered piece of cloth for 30 - 35 minutes.
- In a bowl add sesame seed paste, crushed walnuts, ground cloves, olive oil, cinnamon powder and mix it.
- Roll out the dough over the flour.
- Smear the paste and roll it.
- In a pan spray butter, cut slices of dough and place them in a pan to prove with a covered piece of cloth for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Brush egg yolk over the dough.
- Add sesame seeds, onion seeds and bake it in a preheated oven at 180' C for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Garnish it with sesame seeds and Nokul is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.