No Bake Oreo Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache By Ritika Arora
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
I love how cheesecake is so soft and creamy. I always thought that making it would be difficult, but this was the first time I tried to make it after mixing and matching nearly 100 recipes and it came out so well. This will always be special to me, as I never thought I could make it!Read More
- 16-17 Oreos
- 150 gms cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons melted butter
- vanilla essence
- fresh cream
- FOR THE CURST- Take 16-17 oreos. Out of these, separate the cream filling of 7-8 oreos using a knife and keep it aside. Crush the oreos into a powder either manually or with a food processor. Add 5-6 tablespoons of melted butter to it or until the texture is like that of wet sand. Then press this oreo mixture in your lightly greased loose bottom tin/mould and try to make it as even as possible. Refrigerate this for 15-20 minutes.
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING- Beat the cream cheese(at room temperaturwith the leftover oreo cream/filling in a bowl till it becomes soft and smooth (I used an electric mixer but you can do it manually too). Then add a little less than 3/4 cups of sugar and beat it again. Keep it aside.
- Take a separate bowl and take 5 tablespoons of chilled fresh cream. Whip the cream with 1 and a half tablespoons of powdered sugar till it is fluffy and forms soft peaks. Then add in a few drops of vanilla essence and mix well. Fold this whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture (but don't overmix). Lastly, add in some crushed oreos to this mixture.
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE- Take 3-4 tablespoons of fresh cream in a bowl and microwave it for 25-30 seconds. Then add 3-4 pieces of chocolate. Let it sit for a minute, and then mix it with a spoon till its smooth. Make sure you let it cool a bit before drizzling on the cheesecake.
- ASSEMBLING THE CHEESECAKE- Take out the crust from the refrigerator and pour the cream cheese filling over it. Spread it evenly. Let the cheesecake set in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or overnight for best results. Once its chilled and set, you can drizzle some chocolate ganache on top of it to make it look and taste more delectable!.