Nirvana by Chocolate By Zeba Kohli
Nirvana by Chocolate
Who doesn't love a gooey chocolate cake at the end of an exhausting day? The moist and spongy cake served with warm ganache tastes absolutely divine! Try this recipe and invoke the chocoholic in you!Read More
- For sponge cake
- 35 gm unsweetened cocoa powder
- 125 gm all purpose flour
- 200 gm castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120 ml warm water
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 120 ml milk
- 1 egg
- For chocolate ganache
- 227 gm belgian chocolate chips
- 28 gms butter
- 180 ml fresh cream
- For plating
- 5 gm edible gold metallic colour
- 4 edible white cocolate discs
- 40 gm crushed walnuts
- 2 choco wafer sticks
- For sponge cake,in a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the egg, water, milk, oil and vanilla essence.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well, until combined.
- Put this batter in a mould and bake the batter in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C, for 25 minutes.
- For Chocolate Ganache,heat the cream and butter in a small sauce pan, over medium heat and bring just to a boil.
- Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chopped chocolate and allow it to stand without stirring, for a few minutes.
- Stir gently with a spoon or whisk, until smooth.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.