Green Peas are rich in vegetable proteins and a vitamin powerhouse. Chef Shazia Khan shares the recipe for Nimona which is a traditional dish from Uttar Pradesh. This dish is made using fresh green peas.Read More
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 small pc Ginger
- 2 Green Chillies
- 25 gms Coriander Leaves
- Water as required
- 1 bowl Green Peas
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 Chopped Tomato
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 400 ml Water
- 1 cup Pan Fried Potato Cubes
- 1 cup Pan Fried Cauliflower Florets
- 200 ml Water
- Grind together garlic, ginger, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Add water for consistency and remove in a bowl.
- Grind green peas into coarse paste.
- Heat mustard oil add cumin seeds, turmeric, red chilli whole and ginger garlic paste and saute for mins.
- Add green peas paste and cook till done.
- Chop tomatoes finely and add it to the mix and continue cooking.
- Once the tomatoes are mushy add garam masala and salt and continue cooking for 2 mins.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- Cover the lid and simmer it for 8 minutes.
- Add Lightly pan fried potatoes and cauliflower.
- Add water and let it simmer.
- When the oil layer settles, it means the dish is done.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.