Nei Appam is a jaggery-based traditional south Indian sweet. The Nei Appams are super easy to make. Made with rice flour, coconut, melted jaggery and bananas, these appams just melt in the mouth.Read More
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tsp coconut
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 banana
- Melt jaggery in a saucepan.
- Add water and cook till the jaggery melts.
- Mix cardamom powder and grated coconut into the melted jaggery.
- Make sure you mix them well, Take rice flour in a mixing bowl and sprinkle salt in it.
- Pour the melted jaggery into the bowl and keep whisking until it turns into a fine paste.
- Add mashed bananas and mix it well.
- The batter should be slightly thicker than that of dosa.
- Heat the paniyaram pan, grease the moulds with oil or ghee.
- Place the batter in the greased moulds.
- Bake them for 12-18 minutes.
- Nei Appam is ready to be served.
Explore our Popular Stories.