Naralachi Vadi - Marathi Recipe
Naralachi Vadi is a very easy and simple recipe. This is usually made for narali pournima or rakhi pournima in Maharashtra. Do try this delicious.Read More
- 1 tsp Ghee1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups scraped Coconut
- 1 cup Sugar
- Dry fruits (Optiona125 gm Khoya
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Few chopped Almonds (For garnishing)
- Heat up 1 tsp ghee in a paAdd coconut and fry for about 4-5 minutes on medium heaReduce the moisture in the coconut a little but do not make it too dr.
- Add sugar, dry fruits and khoyYou can add 1/4 cup milk instead of khoyMix well and cook on medium heat.
- After cooking for about 4-5 minutes, sugar begins to melCook for more 7-8 minutIf you want to know if the vadi is ready or not, then take some mixture into a bow.
- Let it cool down a little and take it in handIt should be sticky and come together like a ladoo.
- Cook until you can make laddo from the mixturTurn off the gaAdd cardamom powder and mix wel.
- Take a tray or dish and grease it well with gheTransfer the mixture into the tray and spread it evenlAdd chopped almonds for garnishing When the mixture cools down a little, cut it into pieces with the help of knife.
- Let the mixture cool down completely and take the vadi ouNaralachya vadya are readYou can store these vadya in air tight container at room temperature for 4-5 dayYou can store them longer in zip lock bag in freeze.