Nadru Curry with Lachha Paratha By Pallavi Nigam Sahay
Nadru Curry with Lachha Paratha
Chef Pallavi Nigam Sahay shares the recipe of Nadru Curry with Lachha Paratha which was taught to her by her grandmother. Nadru Curry is made from lotus stem (Kamal Kakdi) and is a mildly spicy curry. This delicious curry is served with crunchy and flaky hot laccha parathas.Read More
- For Nadru Curry
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped ginger garlic
- 1 1/2 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups tomato puree
- 300 gm of boiled lotus stem
- 1/2 tsp allspice powder
- For paratha
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 3 - 4 tbsp clarified butter
- Salt as per taste
- For garnish
- coriander leaves
- In a heated pan, add mustard oil, cumin seeds, chopped ginger garlic, green chilli, turmeric powder, coriander powder. Add red chilli powder, tomato puree and let it cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add boiled lotus stem, allspice powder, water and leave it to cook for more 3 - 4 minutes.
- For paratha, add wheat flour in a bowl. Add clarified butter and mix it. Add salt as per taste and prepare a dough. Leave the dough to prove for 10 minutes.
- Heat the pan. Roll out the dough using clarified butter. Add the paratha on the pan and cook from both the sides using clarified butter.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.