Mutton Taar Korma By Ajay Chopra
Mutton Taar Korma
This mutton dish is cooked using a variety of pastes from a ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree and a paste made from cashews, almonds and melon seeds. Hot and spicy Mutton Taar Korma can be served with rice.Read More
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 fried onion
- 10 green cardamoms
- 4 black cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- ¼ tsp black cumin seeds
- 3 black peppercorns
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp cashewnuts
- 1 tbsp melon seeds
- 2 tbsp almonds
- ¼ cup curd
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 75 ml milk
- 10 saffron strands
- mint leaves
- Procedure to make Mutton Taar Korma: In a heated pan add ghee, chopped garlic, ginger and saute.
- Add fried brown onions and stir it.
- Add the mixture in a mixer jar and make a paste.
- In a pan add ghee and let it heat.
- In a plate add green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, black cumin, black peppercorn, star anise, cinnamon, bay leaves.
- Add the spice in heated ghee and let it cook.
- Add mutton and let it cook.
- In a bowl add stock water of mutton, tomato puree, ginger - garlic and onion puree and mix it well.
- Add the paste in the mutton and let it cook.
- In a bowl add cashew nuts, melon seeds, almonds and soak it for 15 minutes and make a paste , In a bowl add mutton gravy, curd and mix it add this mixture again in the mutton gravy.
- Add salt, red chilli powder mix it and let it cook.
- In a bowl add the cashewnut and almond paste, milk and mix it well.
- Add saffron strands and add this mixture in the mutton gravy and let it cook.
- Garnish it with mint leaves, fresh coriander leaves and Mutton Taar Korma is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.