Mutton Stew in Coconut Milk By Rahul Shobhana Banerjee
Mutton Stew in Coconut Milk
Tender mutton stew with fresh coconut milk served with jira kathi sticky rice.Read More
- 500 gm Tender Mutton
- 3 Tomatoes cut into medium sizes
- 2 Big onions Chopped
- Fresh Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 inch long ginger made into paste
- 4 green chillies
- For Marination
- 3 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- To marinate the mutton, add curd, salt, pepper, turmeric and red chilli powder to the mutton.
- Mix it well and keep it aside for an hour.
- You can also add grated papaya to tenderize the meat.
- In a kadhai bring coconut oil or mustard oil to heat; add cumin seeds, tomoatoes and onions to it and fry it.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry the masalas.
- Wait for the oil to leave the sides of the cooking masala or till the time the onions turn pink or white.
- Add the mutton and cook in high flame for 20 min for the meat to sear, then cook the muttom on low heat till its cooked.
- In the end add fresh cut coriander and serve it with sticky rice.