MUTTON BIRYANI By POOJA DEY
It is very close to my heart as it's my mom's recipe which has a lot of my childhood memories.Read More
- 500gms Mutton pieces with bones
- 2 Medium sized Onions chopped
- 2 Medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 green chillies slit
- 60 gms curd beaten
- 2 medium sized potatoes cut in half and shallow fried (Optional but recommendedif u love potatoes😍)
- 2 hard boiled eggs cut into half and shallow fried
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri chilly powder
- 1 tsp spicy chilly powder
- 1 tbsp mix of cumin and coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp homemade garam masala (my mom's special)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 250 gms rice washed (dont soak it)
- 500 ml of water
- Whole garam masala - 2 elaichi, 1 bay leaf, 3 cloves, 1 small stick cinnamon, 4 peppercorns,1 tsp whole jeera
- 100 ml oil
- 1 onion sliced and fried onion (biristfor garnishing
- A bunch of coriander leaves for garnishing
- Marinate the mutton with all the dry spices,curd and chopped tomatoes...keep aside for atleast 1 hour.
- Heat up oil in a heavy bottom pressure cooker then add the whole garam masala and jeera and fry it for a minute then add the chopped onions and fry till it turns light browNow add the the marinated mutto.
- Cook the mutton well until the water released from the mutton dries up then add around 50 ml of water or enough water to cook the muttoPressure cook it for around 5-6 whistles .
- When the air releases naturally from the pressure cooker, open and add the washed rice and fried potatoes into it, add the remaining water in it and just pressure cook for just 1 whistl.
- Let the biryani rest for few minutes then open the pressure cooker add the garam masala powder and ghee mix it very lightly to incorporate the garam masala and ghee into it.
- Remove it on to the serving dish and decorate it with the eggs, fried onions(biristand chopped coriander leaves.
- You can enjoy the biryani with cucumber raita and freshly cut salad.