Mushroom Vol-Au-Vent By Shipra Khanna
Are you thinking of a new dish to get your kitty party going? Try this delectable Mushroom vol-au-vent recipe from Chef Shipra Khanna. The vol-au-vents stuffed with creamy mushrooms, sprinkled with chives and topped with burnt rosemary make for a perfect party starter.Read More
- 1 packet phyllo pastry sheet
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg and Water
- For filling:Butter
- 4 button mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup cheese and Chives
- For garnish: Red Chilli and Rosemary
- In a glass tray, add phyllo pastry sheet. In a heated pan, add butter and let it melt. Brush the phyllo pastry sheet with melted butter and layer it again with the sheet. Repeat the process.
- In a bowl, add egg, water and whisk it. Apply the egg wash on the pastry sheet. Shape the sheet using a cutter and bake it in a preheated oven at 180'C for 10 - 15 minutes.
- For the filling, in a heated pan, add butter, finely chopped mushrooms and mix it. Add black pepper powder, salt as per taste and mix. Add butter, all-purpose flour and mix again.
- Add milk and keep stirring. Take it off from the flame. Add chilli flakes, mix it and add it in the bowl. Add grated cheese and mix it. Add chopped chives and mix again.
- Stuff the centre part of the pastry with the filling. Garnish with chopped red chilli, burnt rosemary and serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.