Mushroom Tikka By Ripu Daman Handa
Button mushrooms marinated in a unique marinade and grilled to perfection, served with a juicy, spicy salad and mint chutney.Read More
- 8 peeled button mushrooms
- 1 cup hung curd
- 1½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp garam masala
- bamboo sticks or skewers
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- In a mixing bowl add hung curd, gram flour, ginger garlic paste, salt, pepper, garam masala and oil. Whisk well.
- Refrigerate this marinade for 15 minutes.
- Discard the mushroom stalks and peel the button mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a non-stick grilling pan.
- Remove the marinade from the refrigerator.
- Halve the bamboo sticks. Hold two mushrooms such that their under sides face each other.
- Coat in the marinade and thread the mushrooms on the bamboo sticks.
- Grill the mushrooms and apply some marinade on the mushrooms while they are cooking.
- Grill until a golden brown colour is visible.
- For the salad, mix julienned tomato, sliced onion, salt, pepper, chaat masala and lemon juice well.
- In the serving dish, place the salad in the centre and the mushroom tikka skewers around it.
- Garnish the salad with a coriander sprig chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Serve hot mushroom tikkas with a small bowl of mint chutney.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.