Mota Daana By Ajay Chopra
In this episode, Chef Ajay Chopra introduces you to a sweet dish, comprising of sweet pakodas dripped in sugar and rose water syrup which he discovered in the streets of Jaipur.Read More
- 1 cup split black gram
- 1 tsp black cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp rose water
- Procedure to make Mota Daana: In a mixer jar, add split black gram, water and grind it.
- In a bowl add the dal paste, black cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Add baking powder and mix it.
- In a heated pan add water, sugar to prepare sugar syrup.
- In another heated pan add sugar, water to prepare a thick sugar syrup.
- Add the sugar syrup in a bowl.
- In a heated pan add ghee.
- In the sugar syrup add rose water, black cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Make small balls of the batter and fry it in the heated ghee until it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Soak the Mota Daana in the sugar syrup for 15 mins.
- Add rose water, black cardamom powder in the thick sugar syrup.
- Once the Mota Daana is soaked in the sugar syrup add it in the thick sugar syrup.
- To garnish add powdered sugar and Mota Daana is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.