Moros Y Cristianos By Ranveer Brar
Moros Y Cristianos
Cuban cuisine has a lot of Caribbean influence on it. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for Moros y Cristianos, a flavourful combination of rice and beans, a popular food throughout the Caribbean. This dish is perfectly seasoned, aromatic and super savoury.Read More
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- 200 gm soaked and cooked black beans
- 1 cup steamed rice
- 200 gm paneer
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- pinch of cumin powder
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of chilli powder
- parsley sprigs for garnish
- In a heated pan, add oil, finely chopped garlic, bay leaves and saute.
- Add finely chopped onion, red bell pepper and toss.
- Add chopped cherry potatoes, cumin powder, oregano, chilli powder and toss again.
- Add vegetable stock, black beans steamed rice and mix again.
- To the paneer, add salt, oregano, chilli powder, cumin powder.
- Coat the paneer in cornstarch.
- Add oil in a pan and grill the paneer.
- Add the rice on a plate.
- Dice the fried paneer and add it in the satay sticks.
- Add cherry tomatoes and serve with rice. Garnish with herbs.
Explore our Popular Stories.