More Wale Dahi Balle By Ajay Chopra
More Wale Dahi Balle
More Wale Dahi Balle is typically made a day before Punjabi weddings during the Haldi ceremony. Another dish peculiar to this day is Peele Chawal and is a part of all the sweet preparations. You can make these yummy dishes at home with Chef Ajay Chopra's recipe.Read More
- For more wale dahi balle
- 2 cups soaked urad dal
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 red chilli powder
- oil for frying
- 500 ml water
- For peele chawal
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- a few strands of saffron
- 2 tbsp ghee
- cashew nuts
- 3 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- 3 to 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 500 gm soaked basmati rice
- For garnish
- tamarind chutney
- coriander leaves
- green chutney
- Balle, grind the soaked Urad Dal and make a thick paste.
- Add the paste in a bowl.
- To the bowl add chopped ginger, black pepper, chopped green chillies, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Make small balls of the batter.
- Deep fry the Balle until it turns golden brown.
- In a bowl add water, salt, and soak the Balle in the bowl until it turns soft.
- In a plate, add curd, tamarind chutney over Balle.
- For Peele Chawal, add sugar, water, strands of saffron in a saucepan and let it boil.
- In another heated pan add ghee, almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, raisins and fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Transfer the fried nuts to a plate.
- In the same pan add green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and saute.
- Add soaked basmati rice and toss it.
- To the rice add sugar syrup and let it cook.
- Add toasted nuts to rice and mix well.
- Garnish the Dahi Balle with green chutney and fresh coriander leave.
- Garnish the Peele Chawal with toasted nuts and it's ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.