Moqueca Baiana By Ranveer Brar
One of the most popular Brazilian seafood dishes is Moqueca Baiana. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for this Brazilian seafood stew. This stew of fish fillet, prawns and colourful vegetables served with creamy coconut sauce is comforting and unbelievably tasty.Read More
- For moqueca baiana
- 1 capsicum
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 fillets tilapia fish
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large tomato
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 malagueta pepper
- 200 gm medium shrimps
- In a heated pan, add oil, chopped garlic and saute.
- Add sliced onions, bell peppers and toss it.
- Add salt as per taste and mix it.
- Add the mixture in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In another pan, add olive oil.
- In a bowl, add tilapia fish, salt as per taste, lemon juice, cumin powder and marinate it.
- Fry the fish in the heated oil. Add sliced tomato on the fish.
- Add coconut milk, malagueta pepper, fried vegetables, shrimps.
- Cover the pan with foil and let it cook for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle coconut milk.
- Cut the lemon into pieces and char it over the gas stove.
- Garnish with fried coconut, tomatoes, coriander leaves and charred lemons.
Explore our Popular Stories.