Monj aachar By karishma kemmu
A kashmiri pickle made from knol khol. This pickle is not very widely available in the markets everywhere which makes it very special to make it at home and enjoy it with either rice or roti.Read More
- Knol khol
- Mustard oil
- Mustard seeds
- Red chilli powder
- Cut 3-4 knol khols along with it's leaves, wash it properly and place the same on a sheet to dry for atleast 4-5 hrs .
- Take mustard oil in a bowl- 2 cups depends on the size of the knol khols .
- Add some crushed mustard seeds- 2-3 tbsp into the oil, it has to be coarse and not fine ground .
- Add salt and red chilli powder- according to your taste -to the oil and mix the same .
- Take the entirely dried knol khol and start mixing the same in the oil mix .
- Once all the knol khol is entirely mixed properly with the oil, the same is to be transferred into a glass airtight jar.
- Place the jar in sun for 7 days.
- You will see the quantity reduced and once opened the smell is drool worthy .
- Serve as required .