Molten Date Lava Cake with Poached Apple By Zeba Kohli
Molten Date Lava Cake with Poached Apple
Here's a dessert recipe that's perfect for a special occasion or simply to satiate your random craving! Bite into the warm chocolaty centre which also contains dates. Serve with the flavourful poached apple!Read More
- For lava cake
- 200 gms chopped dark chocolate chunks
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 30 gm chopped dates
- For poached apples
- 150 gms brown sugar
- 6 cardamon pods
- 2 green apples
- 500 ml water
- 1 lemon juice
- 8 cloves
- For plating
- 20 gm chopped pistachios
- 4 tbsp honey
- icing sugar
- rose petals
- Firstly, sieve all purpose flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder and pinch of salt.
- Add in vanilla essence and oil.
- Further add milk and combine with the help of whisk.
- Gradually add more milk until batter is well combined and smooth.
- Make sure to get flowing consistency cake batter.
- Grease the mould with butter and cocoa powder.
- Pour the batter to ¾ of the prepared mould.
- Place 3 chocolate pieces and chopped dates in the center of each mould.
- With the help of spoon, gently push the chocolate pieces and dates inside and cover with batter.
- Pre – heat and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degree.
- Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before removing.
- Now scrape the sides with a knife and invert onto plate, pat gently.
- Additionally sprinkle powdered sugar on top to decorate.
- For poached apple, place the sugar, cloves, lemon juice, cardamom, cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Add water, stir and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then leave to infuse for a few minutes, whilst preparing apples.
- Place the apples in the sugar syrup and simmer for 20 minutes, until just tender and the apples are starting to become translucent.
- Carefully lift the apples, out of the syrup.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.