Molten Chocolate Cake
A lot of people love having molten chocolate lava cake. It's one of my favorite recipes to bake around this time of the year since it is also the beginning of monsoon where I reside. Here I am sharing the way I make choco-lava cake. Read through, bake and indulge!Read More
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour(maida)
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Grease six cupcake tins/ramekins with butter and dust some flour on them.
- Melt butter and chocolate on a double boiler.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with sugar till their volume rises. You should see that the volume is at least twice of what you started with. We aren’t using any leavening agents in this recipe so the airy texture in the cake solely comes from eggs.
- Add the eggs to chocolate. Make sure the chocolate is cold or at least warm before adding in the eggs. Mix this until you see a homogeneous batter.
- Now, add in the flour and the salt. Give a good mix. Avoid over mixing the batter.
- Scoop out the batter into your tins and bake at 190°C for 8-9 mins.
- Take out the cakes immediately to stop them from cooking any further. Un-mould them onto a plate and sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. You can also add some cherries or strawberries. Of course, a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream would be the best topping to have!.