Modak curry By Renuka Deulkar
Modak curry is traditional Maharashtrian recipe. It is moderately spiced besan modak cooked in traditional curry (amti) and served along with roti, bhakari or rice.Read More
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1-2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1.5 cup besan flour
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tablespoon haldi powder
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- For Modak Filling - Roast poppy seeds and dry coconut. Then add a teaspoon of chili powder, a little salt and grind. Do not add water at all.
- For Modak Cover - Add a pinch of salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder to the gram flour and knead the dough. Roll it into small balls and then fill it with filling mixture and shape it into modak.
- For curry - Add roasted dried coconut, fried onion, coriander, garlic, ginger, chilli powder, turmeric powder in a mixer. Keep adding water till you get fine paste.
- Now add oil to the pan. Add chilli powder masala and grinder mixture to the oil. Keep stirring until it starts to leave oil. Late add water. Then when it comes to a boil, leave the modak made in it. Add salt to taste. Cook modak for fifteen minutes. Now garnish it with coriander and serve with roti or bhakari or rice.