Mix Vegetable Bonda By LF Team
Mix Vegetable Bonda
Steaming hot Mix Vegetable Bondas make for a perfect tea time snack during the winters. In fact, these mix vegetable bondas can be found ubiquitously at the road-side tea stalls in India. Prepared with potatoes, carrots, green peas and other vegetables, these deep-fried balls ooze deliciousness in every bite.Read More
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup potatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3/4 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilli
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- coriander leaves
- For the Batter
- 1 cup besan
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Heat water in a deep cooking pot.
- Toss in some potatoes, carrots and green peas.
- Cook them for 8-10 minutes, till the vegetables are well boiled.
- To make the vegetable mixture: Heat oil in a saucepan, Add mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Saute them till the urad dal turns golden brown.
- Add grated ginger and chopped onions into the saucepan, saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add chopped green chillies and curry leaves and mix them well.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, fennel powder, asafetida (hing), turmeric powder and salt.
- Continue to mix and cook it for a minute.
- Add the boiled vegetables (potatoes, carrots and green peas).
- Mix all the vegetables well with the spices and condiments mash them lightly and saute for a minute.
- Add lemon juice and sprinkle coriander leaves on the mixture.
- Transfer the mashed mixture onto a plate.
- Let it cool down and then break the mixture into parts and roll them into 7 to 8 small balls.
- For the batter: In a bowl, add besan, flour, water, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well till it forms a thick and consistent batter.
- For the mix veg bonda: Dip each small ball into the thick batter.
- Deep-fry the battered balls in hot oil in a cooking pot.
- Flip the balls so that they are consistently cooked throughout, and attain an overall golden brown hue.
- Serve this with chutney or tomato ketchup.
Explore our Popular Stories.