Mirchi Ka Halwa
Uttar Pradesh's popular halwa made using unique ingredients like Bhavnagri chillies, Chef Ranveer Brar shares a detailed step - by - step recipe of this Halwa. Do try this at home.Read More
- 500 gm bhavnagri chillies
- 90 gm alum
- salt & water
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 100 gm khoya
- 100 gm kalakand
- 100 gm coconut powder
- 150 gm sugar
- cardamom powder
- rose water
- silver warq
- red bell papper
- Remove stem from Bhavnagri chillies and cut them into half vertically.
- Add alum to water and soak the chillies in water for 30 minutes.
- Blanch the chillies in the water and add a pinch of salt to the boiling water.
- Drain the chillies and repeat this process three more times.
- Drain the chillies and make a paste.
- Warm ghee saute chillies paste till it leaves the sides of pan.
- Add khoya, kalakand and mix well.
- Add ghee and saute.
- Add coconut powder, sugar cardamom powder and saute till sugar is cooked.
- Add rose water and mix well.
- Pour Halwa in a squar mould.
- Demould and garnish with silver warq, Pistachios and Red bell papper slices cooked in sugar syrup and rolled like cylinder.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.