Mini Savory Tarts with Herbs By LF Team
Mini Savory Tarts with Herbs
These bite-sized snacks will be your BFFs when you need to whip up something easy in no time. Just a little effort and you can show your amazing culinary skills to the ones who think making tarts is not your cup of tea.Read More
- 200 gms flour
- salt to taste
- 100 gms butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 egg
- 100 ml fresh cream
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 sliced tomato
- In a bowl, take flour, salt, and butter and mix well till they form a breadcrumb-like texture.
- Add 1 tbsp water and knead to a smooth dough. Now, allow it to rest.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, once the oil is hot, add the chopped shallots, chopped garlic and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Keep aside and let them cool.
- In another bowl, break an egg, pour in the fresh cream, season with salt, pepper and thyme, and mix well.
- Mix the sauteed ingredients with the cream and egg concoction.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of a five rupees coin.
- Using a round cutter, extract discs.
- Prepare the muffin/tart moulds, greasing them with butter so that the dough doesn't stick to them.
- Evenly spread the dough in the mould. Prick the base with a fork to prevent it from rising.
- Blind bake for 10 mins at 180 degrees in a pre-heated oven.
- Once ready, pour the egg and cream mixture, place a slice of tomato on top and bake for additional 15 mins.
- Demould and serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.